Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nanny Fawn MIA

I've entered the black hole of nanny-ing + pre-parenthood.  My absence the last couple of weeks is unforgivable as I'm sure without my knowledge and moving examples of well behaved, perfect children your house has turned into a tornado sight and your children have now been handed over to the local foster care system.

Or do I give myself too much credit?  ;)

Simply put, I have been consumed with the - not so much like a fluttering butterfly, but more like the IRS banging on your door with demands - baby inside my tummy and her imminent arrival that I have simply lost the "reserves of energy" to type up a post.  Is this the end of Nanny Fawn?!  *insert earth shattering scream*

As I ease into the third trimester of (excuse my bluntness) peeing and sleeping, I'm increasingly more frightened of the things I do not know.  Such as, what is a mucus plug?  How do I wash my baby's belly button?  These are things as Nanny Fawn that I have not been a witness to, nor a part of in a child's story.  So alas, I feel a bit inadequate in some areas and could most likely learn a thing or two from the mom's around me.  Most of these mom's are women I have "worked" for in watching their little humans.  They will now receive an equal amount of frantic emails and calls from Nanny Fawn on what to do when the first labor pain hits!  Beware to these mom's, you may want to change your phone #s!

So that's what's happening with the pregnancy.
As it relates to being a nanny and watching one of the most impressive humans I've come across - he's been particularly fantastic.  He said to me the other day, "Nanny Fawn, your tummy is getting big!"  (the open candidacy is one thing I adore about children).  Now that physical change is happening, he has become very interested in the - again, not fluttering, but demanding - baby in my tummy.

Mochaccina's first kiss

He has been giving her massages, singing her lullabies, and making his demands: "She WILL live with me Nanny Fawn!"  "I'm going to teach her how to walk!"  "She NEEDS to come out tomorrow!"  
and his questions: "Is she sleeping?"  "Will she like dinosaurs?"  "How did she get in there?"(eek!)  
and his assessments: "I have a baby in my tummy too!"  "She will be look like me!"  

I couldn't ask for a better, more tenacious, caring role model for our little Mochaccina and am more than excited to see how the relationship develops between the two of them as cousins by proxy.  

I will do my best in the midst of all this preggo-hood and keeping a near 4 year old (when did he grow up?) alive to write posts on things to buy, what to cook, and how to stay sane with your mean, abusive, and outrageous little beasts.  

Apologies for my absence,
Nanny Fawn

No comments:

Post a Comment